Turkish Airlines API Portal is the “THY API Portal” or Turkish Airlines Inc. web page, which provides usage, access and information to “THY APIs” by the program developers, and is a paid or free, limited or unlimited service that ensures “Application” developing and reporting.
The following regulations regulate the terms and conditions applicable for the “Users” who use this Portal by connecting to the THY API Portal and the Portal Provider.
2-LOG IN, REGISTRY AND USE OF PORTAL
2.1 Users who wish to use the Portal by logging into the Portal shall be required to register in the Portal and create an “Account”. For registration, the user is asked for identity information and contact information such as e-mail and phone number. Users agree to provide complete, accurate and up-to-date information required for registration, and to update their information in case of any changes in this information.
THY API Portal may request additional information for registration and Account creation. Use of the Portal after registration shall be possible with the approval of THY. The user's Account shall be confirmed by e-mail.
It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the security of the password s/he has created to log into his/her Account. The user is obliged to keep the password providing access to his/her account secret and not to share his/her membership account with third parties and not to transfer this account or have it used by others and sub-users. THY shall not be held liable for any problems or damages that may arise from the obtaining of the password by the third parties with the consent of the user or as a result of personal error/fault. The user is obliged to inform THY immediately if s/he learns that his/her password has been captured by others.
THY may share the personal information obtained during the creation of the account with Portal Service Providers when necessary.
2.2 THY or the service provider authorized by THY shall be authorized to monitor every operation and transaction performed on THY API Portal. THY API Portal may share this data with third parties, its business partners and affiliates.
2.3 THY is authorized to temporarily or periodically remove, rearrange or partially or completely change the contents of the APIs and extensions, the services and information in the Portal at any time, without prior notice to the users and without the permission of the users. With the use of the Portal or access to the Portal, these changes shall be deemed to have been automatically accepted. In such a case, users are free to not to use the APIs, but THY may force users to use the latest version of the APIs if users continue to use the THY API Portal. Changes in the APIs may result in changes, technical problems in the Applications prepared by the user or the inability to use the Application. THY may announce the changes in APIs in THY API Portal or via e-mail to the users in advance.
2.4 THY is authorized to have the APIs used paid or unpaid, with or without limitation, and publish them in other channels.
2.5 APIs are available as they are in the system and THY does not provide any software support to users.
2.6 The use of THY API Portal shall be free until further notice. THY reserves the right to charge the user later for the use of the API.
If THY decides to charge the use of API, users shall be free to no longer use the API.
2.7 Applications developed by the users shall not be made available or distributed to the end user and shared with third parties without the written approval of THY. In the event that the user understands that the Application is being seized and accessed by a third party, the User shall immediately notify THY and take all measures to prevent such access.
2.8 It is the responsibility of the users to secure the data of the users and to backup these data.
2.9 All data contained in THY API Portal and subject to intellectual property rights shall belong to Turkish Airlines.
2.10 THY itself can independently develop an Application using THY APIs. The fact that THY API Portal is available for users and application developers does not prevent THY from developing Applications using these APIs. Applications developed by THY may be similar to applications developed by Users.
2.11 Portal Service Providers automatically record information such as the time of users’ logging into the system, duration of stay in the system, location data, information and services used, and the size and frequency of the data used.
2.12 The limit/frequency amounts for the use of APIs in the Portal shall be determined by THY. THY has the right to decrease or increase this amount at any time. The user shall inform the THY API team about the reasons for limit/frequency increase. THY shall decide whether to increase this amount or not upon the relevant application.
3-Responsibilities of Users
3.1 Users acknowledge and undertake that they will avoid any behavior that could harm the THY API system.
THY API Users acknowledge and undertake;
• not to install or use any programs, viruses, software and hardware that might damage the THY API Portal or disrupt the use of the Portal,
• not to introduce themselves or behave against other users or against third parties like THY or its agent, employee, affiliate or any other related person while using the THY API Portal,
• not to act in a way that bothers and harms other users and prevents them from using the system, and not to manipulate other users or to make advertising for other users,
• not to collect and publish information about end-users unless approved by the end-users,
• not to share, disseminate and distribute the data, information, pictures, video, statistics etc. contents in THY API Portal with third parties,
• not to use screen scraping method and other automatic data collection and copying methods and devices from Turkish Airlines web page,
• not to breach the intellectual property rights of Turkish Airlines and third parties,
• to avoid behaviors that may harm the registered trademarks of Turkish Airlines,
• not to advertise with reference to Turkish Airlines or its customers or by using registered trademarks of Turkish Airlines,
• not to register a trademark that will show similarity with the registered trademarks of Turkish Airlines or cause a confusion in this sense,
• not to enter or use speculative or incorrect information,
• not to develop Applications and publish tariffs for reservation, ticket sale and ticketing operations,
• not to use any materials and information that are known or should be known to be illegal, not to upload them to THY API Portal, and not to share them with other users,
• not to obtain, store, register and disseminate customer authentication information, Miles&Smiles card passwords and information, and card numbers in any application and software developed by using the THY API Portal and THY APIs,
• not to disclose travel information of end users.
3.2 THY is not responsible for any damages, fines or expenses of third parties and end-users caused by the use of or in connection with the Applications developed by the users. Responsibility for such damages belongs to the user of THY API Portal and the developer of the Application.
4-Copyrights on the Portal
The rights subject to intellectual property on any kind of texts, images, photos, videos, graphics, software, codes, trademarks, trade names, brands, information, visual and audio materials included in the THY API Portal content and APIs and their extensions, including, but not limited to, the similar and associated materials and contents generated with the processing of them shall belong to Turkish Airlines. They may only be used by the users within the limits of use permitted by THY.
In order to go live the developed applications, approval must be obtained from THY API management team. It is at the discretion of THY to determine what kind of a cooperation will be made in the projects developed here.
APIs are available as they are in the system, and THY does not indirectly or implicitly guarantee to the users that THY API contents, software and information are error-free, defect-free and virus-free, and free from any defects that might change, disrupt or delete the user’s software, device, Application or data. It is the user's responsibility to upload any information and data content.
7-Protection of Personal Data and Confidentiality
Information obtained from the user during the registration process to THY API Portal shall be kept confidential. This information may only be shared with THY staff and consultants, and portal service providers who are involved in this work and required to know this information. This information shall not be disclosed unless there is a legal obligation. THY endeavors to act in a manner that protects the privacy of users and complies with the principles of privacy of personal information.
THY or the service provider it allowed shall be authorized to record the IP addresses of the users of the THY API Portal and the web site records on the basis of connection date, time and addresses and/or pages requested from the system. This information is necessary for the security of the THY API Portal and for solving user problems and is not related to the user's personal information. The user's contact information (phone and e-mail) shall be used to access and communicate with the user.
8-Limitation of Liability
9-Governing Law and Court